Monday, August 31, 2009

Diana - Goddess of Fertility and the Moon

Ciao l'Italia!It has been only one day since I was greeted by the Massuci famiglia in Viterbo yesterday evening, but somehow it feels like a lot longer than that. It was an exciting and happy union. We learned the bacio bacio before we went out, and so far there is not even a brief meeting that we do not use it.
My family speaks pretty efficient English, however in some ways I think I am limited by th
is even in m
y frequent attempts to speak Italian. It is hard when I know so little, and the
y know so
much.
Tonight we played piano, violin, guitar and sang. I walked downstairs and Francesco, Emma e Sara were playing Vivaldi's Canone on the violin and piano. It was so beautiful and I found myself almost
sobbing half way through. I then played
what I remember of Claire de Lune and L'valse d' Amelie. (Both French.. I do not know any Italian pieces).
Dinner was fantastic both nights. I ate ham! Tonight we had Proschuttio with melon and spaghetti con pesto basilico. It was delicious and I ate way more than I should have.
School is
going well
. We haven't techinically started yet but we had placement tests for Italian today. I think I did pretty well... maybe. We also had a two hour lunch break to explore the town and eat some delicious Panini and gelato.
The festa di Santa Rosa is happening this weekend. They are building a HUGE tower that 100 men will carry through Viterbo in honor of Santa Rosa and her deeds on earth as a nun. W
e are watching from the window of some family friends and will stay for the fireworks at midnight!
I should probably go to bed. It is 19:00 and I am very tired.
I will p

ost pictures of my room and family soon!
Buona Notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment