Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mars - God of War



Il Mare.
Pictures from last week.
The beaches here are so different then anywhere for some reason. I think the first thing that had me confused is t
hat there was no compounds or apartments leering right behind the queue of umbrellas (of which there were a lot). And the
y had a coffee bar right there on the beach. And a shower that cost a euro for cold water and a little more for warm.
The ocean itself was splend
id. The Mediterranean is the perfect temperature.
The thing about having a parent as a teacher is that there are always other teachers around. We saw Mr. Townsend (latin) there, and spent the day with him, his two girls and his wife. They are very nice people and I easily found a soft spot for babysitting. (I have to save up for Carnival in February) :]

Something I noticed: In Italy, there aren't that many flags. The few I saw looked like dollar-store (euro-store?) 2 by 4s and looked rather weak on a tall pole.
Definitely not Betsy Johnson America. No 100 foot flags billowing in front of absolutely nothing. Just an interesting tidbit, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment